Saturday, September 14, 2013

Outfitting Your Van With The Comforts of Home My List

Number 1. You need a Van. Cargo vans make great build to suit blank canvas that you can customize. There is a lot of Youtube videos that give you great ideas and how to build it out.
If your going to be Vandwelling (living in your van full time) you might consider a larger van with a high top. I did a lot of research and chose the Toyota Previa Mini Van. I wanted the 20+ MPG.
I'm not full timing it. My needs are for road trips and a comfortable bed with a simple layout was my goal.

MY VANS EQUIPMENT LIST AND CAMPING GEAR

1. Linolium Floor, one piece cut to size.
2. Bed Frame ( made with 2x4s wood frame)
3. Comfortable Mattress (4 inch memory foam or thicker)
4. Sleeping Bag Blanket and Pillow
5. Ice Chest
6. Max Burton Butane Table Top Burner ( great for cooking)
7. Small Pot and Pan
8. Small Folding Table
9. Folding Chair
10. Hunting Knife (Bowie Knife)
11. Small Ax or Hatchet
12. Fire Extinguisher    
13. First Aid Kit
14. Flash Light
15. Compass
16. Smart Phone (GPS) phone charger
17. Storage Bins, I have three. Food, Clothing, Cooking Supplies
18. Window Nets ( keeps the bugs out)
19. Black Out Curtain and Rod
20. Tint all Back Windows With Limo Tint
21. Reflextix for the Back Windows ( cut to fit) keeps the heat out, Privacy at night
22. Battery Powered Interior Light
23. Jumper Cables
24. AAA Roadside Membership ( highly recommend )
25. Can opener
26. Tinfoil
27. Camera

I'm sure I forgot to add everything you might need.
This is my list of things I have in my van, You can make your own list.
I was able to buy everything at these places, Walmart-Home Depot-Amazon.com

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea to travel around the US while you still can afford it with everything you need. I bet that is good on gas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ape Man, The MPG is a huge factor when traveling on a budget. I get 19 MPG around town and 23-24 Highway.

    ReplyDelete