Friday, September 13, 2013

Places to see in Salt Lake City Temple Square

This is my first full day in Salt Lake City, I called my cousin Manuel he lives about half an hour south in Sandy Utah, I hadn't seen him since my fathers funeral. Manuel and his wife welcomed me into there home and invite me over for dinner, it was great to see them and Dee his wife offered to take me to Temple square and show me the local points on interest the next day.

Brigham Young stopped on July 24, 1847, and proclaimed he'd found the heaven that would shelter his 148 weary followers from persecution because no outsider would covet this barren basin with its salt water lake.
Salt Lake City's wide streets and easy layout make easy to get around. Primary tourist places are Temple Square, that's where Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Thursday and Sunday rehearsals are broadcast to the open public, as well as daily organ recitals.
There is two visitor centers on the square with tours of the Temple Square area starting by the flagpole every 10-15 minutes.






After spending two hours in the Temple Square and walking around downtown Salt Lake City,
we drove to the Salt Place and the U university. It was a clear sunny day perfect for sight seeing.

I enjoyed traveling around the city, very clean and well maintained, I was impressed with all the choices of places to eat, if you drive half and hour south to South Jordan and Sandy area there is every restaurant I've ever herd of or seen, No shortage of places to eat. Liquor stores are harder to come by, they are state run, I don't drink so it wasn't a problem for me.

Another great day, I'm spending the night at Manuel's house and heading to Park City in the morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment